Incorporated Under Section 402 of the Not-for-Profit Corporation Law in the State of New York
GreySheeters Anonymous World Services, Inc. is a corporation as defined in subparagraph (a) (5) of Section 102: the corporation is a Type B Corporation.
The purpose or purposes for which this corporation is formed is as follows:
- GreySheeters Anonymous World Services, Inc. (GSAWS) is a Twelve Step fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength, and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem by helping others world-wide to recover from compulsive eating, by following the Cambridge GreySheet plan of eating without exception, and by exploring together the utilization of the program of Alcoholics Anonymous in arresting compulsive eating.
- The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop eating compulsively. There are no dues or fees for GSA membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions.
- GSAWS is a non-profit public service organization which is not allied with any sect, denomination, religion, politics, organization, or institution; neither engages in any controversy; nor opposes or endorses any causes.
- Our primary purpose is to stay abstinent from compulsive eating, and to carry the message to help other compulsive eaters achieve abstinence.
- The corporation is organized exclusively for charitable, educational, religious, or scientific purposes within the meaning of section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- To do any other act or thing incidental to or connected with the foregoing purposes or in the advancement thereof, but not for pecuniary profit or financial gain of its members or officers.
- GSAWS has been granted general powers by New York Not-for-Profit Law to solicit contributions for corporate purposes.
- No part of the net earnings of the corporation inures to the benefit of any member, trustee, director, officer, or private individual (except that reasonable compensation may be paid for services rendered to or for the corporation), and no member, trustee, director, officer, or private individual shall be entitled to share in the distribution of any of the corporate assets on dissolution of the corporation.
Copies of additional documents such as IRS Form 990, IRS Form 1023, NYS CHAR410, and NYS CHAR500 may be obtained on request by contacting email@example.com.