Service Matters - July 2022
Welcome to the July 2022 issue of Service Matters, your answer to the question, “What’s Up in GreySheet?” regarding all the work done for GSA as a whole to carry the message to compulsive eaters who still suffer.
What Service Means to Me
Greetings GreySheet family! I am Anne G. Board of Trustee member from NYC and am abstinent and grateful! One day at a time I will be celebrating my 37th GreySheet anniversary on August 11th. I am also the liaison to the Public Information Committee (PIC). Presently the PIC has been designated the task of approving all requests for upcoming events to be listed on the GSA website. For your convenience I am sharing here the instructions for how to submit an event to be posted.
The following information can also be found on the “Event” page on the GSA website.
To list an event the following criteria must be met:
- Organized by an event committee of at least two GSA members with at least 90 days of back-to-back GreySheet abstinence or by a GSA entity such as a registered GSA group or intergroup or a World Service Conference committee.
- All meeting leaders and qualifiers have at least 90 days of back-to-back GreySheet abstinence.
- The GreySheet food plan is not distributed at the event without a qualified GreySheet sponsor.
- The event is not focused on food preparation and does not discuss foods by name.
Click HERE to view the submission form. The PIC will review within 48 hours and once approved, your event will be published by the Website Trusted Servant within 48 hours. More information: PIC@greysheet.org
No Matter What!!
All interested GreySheeters welcome!
Each of these meetings is an opportunity to expand your recovery by learning more about the framework that guides our work together. If you’re a delegate, you’ll want to clear your calendar and attend each of these meetings. This is how we get essential information and guidance for giving our best to the groups we serve.
- Committees Connecting meeting ID: 663 470 166 on Sunday, July 10 @ Noon (12 PM) ET
- Concept meeting ID: 791 453 380 on Sunday, July 17 @ 1:00 PM ET
- Tradition meeting ID: 791 453 380 on Sunday, July 24 @ 1:00 PM ET
Monthly Board of Trustees Liaison Report
Digital Distribution of the Updated GreySheet
The Board of Trustees approved a distribution plan for the 2022 GreySheet both in hard copy and electronically. The 2022 GreySheet includes three statements approved by the World Service Conference in 2021:
This document does not represent the entirety of the GreySheet food plan, which can only be provided by a qualified sponsor with 90 days of back-to-back GreySheet abstinence.
GSA is not responsible for, and expressly disclaims all liability for, damages of any kind arising out of the use, reference to, or reliance on any information contained in this document.
This document is protected by copyright and may not be reproduced, republished, or distributed, in whole or in part, without the express written consent from GSA.
Essentially the distribution plan says that secure electronic copies will be sent with the Clarifications report (including the FAQs) to ISRs and GSRs for distribution to qualified sponsors. Sponsors will distribute the 2022 GreySheet and the Clarifications to sponsees. No other version of the GreySheet will be distributed electronically.
The process for distributing hard copies of the 2022 GreySheet does not change: Only GSA World Services prints them. Only intergroups orders them from GSA World Services. Sponsors order from their intergroups.
World Service Opportunities
- NorthEast Intergroup ISR-Elect | NorthEast-ISR@greysheet.org
- Structure Committee Chair-Elect | Structure@greysheet.org
- Board of Trustees (Iceland, Europe, Western, NorthEast) | firstname.lastname@example.org
- GSA World Services Secretary
- GSA World Services Assistant Secretary
- Committees Connecting Note Taker to start November 2022
- GSA World Services Bookkeeper | Treasurer@greysheet.org
- Start Up Sponsor Team – Men with one year abstinence | SUS@greysheet.org
- GSR Training | Sunday July 3 at 10am ET | Zoom ID 896 6591 9622 GSA passcode
- Responsibilities of the Group Service Representative
- How to reduce the workload
- How to conduct effective business meetings
-- Town Hall | Sunday July 31 at 11am ET | Zoom ID 717 731 799 GSA Passcode
- Your questions, suggestions, and concerns about GSA World Services Anonymous | to Communication@greysheet.org
- Second Quarter 2022 Financial Report
- Reports from our four Core Functions: Literature, Public Information, Website, and Protecting Integrity of GreySheeters Anonymous Program
- Presentations by three of our nine intergroups: Israel, New York Metro, and Phone Bridge
- World Service Conference 2022 Update
World Service Conference Update
- 24% of Groups registered a delegate. 31/64 Group Service Representatives (out of 131 Groups)
- 100% Intergroups registered a delegate. 8/8 Intergroup Service Representatives
- 100% of Board of Trustees registered as delegates. 9/9 Trustees
- 14 Resolutions published on greysheet.org / WSC2022 for fellowship input including:
- Booklet: Committees: The Heartbeat of GSA
- Introduce 2022 GreySheet
- Organize World Service Conference meeting
- Publish Event on Website
- Spanish Translation Living Abstinent
- Specialists as New Delegates
GSAWS Donation Update
As of May 31, GSAWS has collected $17,223 of its 2022 direct 7th Tradition donations target of $42,000, or 41.01%.