Service Matters • April 2021
Welcome to the April 2021 Issue of Service Matters!
Welcome to the April 2021 issue of Service Matters, your answer to the question, “What’s Up in GreySheet?” regarding all the work done for GSA as a whole to carry the message to compulsive eaters who still suffer.
Question and Answer - World Service Conference
The simple answer is we do only those things that are absolutely critical and required by the by-laws. We do without the time that was spent in years past debating motions, asking questions of the committees making the motions, and condensing many of the proposals that do not require debate into a consent agenda. We also depend on the preparation and commitment of delegates that far exceeds any needed prior to this year.
In order to do this preparation, a few things are essential:
1. Delegates need to attend Committees Connecting meetings once a month on the second Sunday between May and October in order to be well-versed in changes and proposals that come to be voted on. Two committees per month will present their proposals. Delegates will have the chance to ask questions, make suggestions to improve the motions, and report back to their groups for input.
2. Come to the monthly, ongoing Concepts and Traditions meetings on the third and fourth Sundays of the month, respectively, to understand how our program works. If you have never heard of ‘minority opinion’ or ‘substantial unanimity,’ for example, going to these meetings will help you to understand significant differences between twelve step practices and regular corporate or business practices.
3. Attend two pre-conference Zoom trainings: one either on April 27 or May 2 (you can choose which is more convenient for you), and the second closer to the date of the conference, held on Sunday October 3rd at 1:00 PM ET or Tuesday, October 5,th, at 6:00 PM ET. Delegates need to attend both trainings.
4. Familiarize yourself with the proposals that will be submitted in the “Consent Agenda,” A number of proposals that are considered non-controversial will be included in this item, all of which will be voted on in one fell swoop. Seven to nine proposals which do warrant debate and discussion will get time during the conference, but this is the most consequential change from the three-day conference to having one Zoom meeting that lasts about five hours. Delegates need to read all the proposals, of course, and be prepared to vote on them on October 17.
The upside of having a virtual World Service Conference is that it allows more delegates to attend, particularly those who, in the past, have been unable to raise money to send a GSR when the budget was closer to $1000 per delegate, accounting for travel and accommodations. We hope more groups are represented and we have input from as many members as possible in our global community. If you have questions, please ask the Conference Committee at email@example.com.
Delegate Training 1
Tuesday April 27 at 6 PM ET
Sunday May 2 at 1:00 PM ET
Zoom Meeting ID: 568 843 9877
1. Concept 6 meeting ID: 791 453 380
Sunday, April 18, at 1:00pm ET
2. Tradition 6 meeting ID: 791 453 380
Sunday, April 25, at 1:00 pm ET
GSA Special Events - Zoom Style
This is an OPEN meeting of GSA, meaning that anyone who would like to learn more about the GreySheet solution is invited to attend. There are two speakers, and in-between the speakers we celebrate anniversaries - years, months, and a day - with virtual chips!! So if you have an anniversary between March 1 and April 3, come get your virtual chip and let us celebrate your abstinence.
Saturday, April 3rd
Saturday, May 1st
Start time is 7:30pm UK time; 2:30pm ET
Zoom ID: 873 5002 0806
No password, there is a waiting room
Groovy GreySheet Gatherings - Western States Intergroup FUNdraisers
Monthly workshops to gather in fellowship, creativity and connection.
First Sunday of Each Month, 3:00 PM ET.
Sunday, April 4, 2021, 3:00 PM ET Bring Your Pet to Zoom Day
What to Bring:
- Your Pet(s)
- Pet Photos
- Pet NMW Stories
March 2021 - Monthly Board of Trustees
Liaison Report Highlights
March 13, 2021
1. World Service Conference
- Registration deadline - March 15th
- Motions and Agenda will be published on greysheet.org/World Service/World Service Conference/World Service Conference 2021 - April 30th
- Delegate Training #1 - April 27th or May 2nd
- Committees Connecting every second Sunday 12 PM ET May – October to ask questions about motions (no questions at conference) and express opinions to shape the final motions.
2. Quarterly Town Hall - April 25th 11 am ET (greysheet.org/Events)
- What makes the Israeli and NorthEast intergroups unique?
- Personal Safety Committee report and recommendations.
Audio Link for Zoom October NYC Roundup
Board of Trustees Town Hall Meeting
GreySheet WANT ADS
If you like to write, care about the future literature of GSA and are a GSR or ISR, please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Contact Kathy P., email@example.com