Service Matters • April 2019
Audio Version of Service Matters Now Available on YouTube!
The Southwest Intergroup has started to create a YouTube video (voice memo of Gsers reading Service Matters each month) so that members have another way of receiving information about GSAWS work. Access this link and listen to Service Matters in your car, as you’re walking or running, any time you listen to podcasts!
WSC Reports and Motions
The Conference Committee of the GSA WSC 2019 is excited to share with you the WSC Committee Reports and Motions. The Committee Chairs will present these motions at the WSC in September 2019.
We would like to thank the many individuals who have worked tirelessly on the completion of and the formatting of this document, which involved not only technical expertise but the willingness to send frequent reminders, examples of how a report should be done, and to answer a multitude of questions for weeks prior to the deadline. And to all of the Committees and Committee Chairs who worked for months on their reports! We are so fortunate to have abstinent talented people in our fellowship.
BOT Town Hall Meeting
The next BOT Town Hall meeting is scheduled for Sunday, April 14th at 11:00 AM EDT.
Questions submitted by March 14 include:
* Which Board of Trustees members would like another three-year term, i.e., which of them will be seeking re-election at WSC2019? Could they say a little about why they would like a second term? Is there something they would like to do that they have not had time to do yet?
* Even though most of them will have served a full three-year term by WSC2019, I would like to suggest that they consider how to implement the three-panel rotation of trustees called for in our board bylaws, i.e., every year 1/3 of the trustees rotate off so that we maintain continuity. (Article III Section 5 of the bylaws revised in 2017)
* I have heard that the Board of Trustees has a Legal Committee. Could they please publish the purpose and the members of that committee? What are they working on?
* Are there any other Board of Trustees standing committees or any other Board of Trustees advisory committees?
* We have an increasing number of recordings, both video and audio, from Zoom meetings at the WS level, from Town Halls, Committees Connecting, Committee Report workshops, and we will have more. These are valuable records for our organization. Would the Board of Trustees consider saving them all on a GreySheeters Anonymous World Service google drive accessible to all committee members, current and future? If the Board of Trustees doesn’t think it’s a board level task, perhaps they would consider collaborating with the Communication Committee and make recordings from the Board of Trustees Zoom account available to the CC to store and organize on a Google drive?
The Zoom Link for the Board of Trustees Town Hall Meeting April 14 at 11:00 AM EST is: https://zoom.us/j/555523493
One tap mobile
+16468769923,,555523493# US (New York)
+16699006833,,555523493# US (San Jose)
Dial by your location
+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 555 523 493
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/
Committees Connecting Meeting!
On Sunday, March 10th, 23 GSers attended the third meeting hosted by the Communications Committee. Three committees presented their work in progress: Conference, Archives and Structure.
The next meeting will be held on Sunday, May 5, at 2:00 PM EDT. All, but especially delegates to the WSC, are welcome.
Zoom link is: https://zoom.us/j/7631879744. Committees set to present are: Board of Trustees and Archives.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in being added to the invite list.
Introduction to Traditions and Concepts Zoom Meeting
Delegates to the WSC Conference and other GS members are invited to attend two sets of Zoom meetings on Traditions and Concepts. More information on the GreySheet.org in this link: https://greysheet.org/images/WSC2019/GSA_WSC_2019_Traditions_and_Concepts_for_Delegates.pdf
To register for Traditions, email: email@example.com" data-mce-href="mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org">mclaughlinmargaret187@gmail>email@example.com" data-mce-href="mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org">.com
To register for Concepts, email: email@example.com
Nominations for Board of Trustees Members
The Board of Trustees is looking for nominations for Board of Trustees members. As in all of the service positions in our fellowship, we rely on rotation of service to allow for fresh ideas, commitment to service, and to encourage participation to keep our organization alive and thriving. If you are interested in becoming a member of the Board of Trustees or know someone who is, please consult the information on the website at this link: https://www.greysheet.org/worldservices/board-of-trustees/nominating-committee" data-mce-href="worldservices/board-of-trustees/nominating-committee">https://www.greysheet.org/worldservices/https://www.greysheet.org/worldservices/board-of-trustees/nominating-committee" data-mce-href="worldservices/board-of-trustees/nominating-committee">board-of-trustees/nominating-committee
Here you will find a description Nominating Committee and its procedures and a list of the recommended qualifications for Board members (one of which is 5 years of back-to-back GS abstinence). Also please download the form that you will find there, complete it and send it to the correct email address. This is a good time for submission of possible candidates, as the process takes a while, and approved and willing candidates are presented at the WS Conference.
Here are some 1-3-day retreats and roundups coming up soon. Details available at https://greysheet.org/events:
* Malibu, CA: April 5-7
* Speaker Jam, Hicksville, NY: April 13
* Connecticut Retreat, Ivoryton, CT: May 17-19
* London, UK: June 1-2
* Chicago, IL: August 9-11